Home additions from Woodland Contracting can help you add space, capacity, and function to your home.
Home Additions to Expand Your Lifestyle.
Are you looking to add space to your home? Whether it’s due to changes in your lifestyle, an addition to your family, or a need for a new room, home additions add breathing room for your family and make your house more liveable.
Whether it’s adding space as part of a home remodel, increasing the space in multiple rooms at once, or just the addition of a single room, Woodland Contracting is here to help.
Rooms we commonly work on include:
- Kitchen, living room, and first floor expansions
- New and rebuilt porches
- Laundry rooms
At Woodland Contracting, we focus our home additions process squarely around improving your family’s life.
Our experienced team, outstanding design, and unparalleled organization and communication deliver on your vision. We’ll expand what your family thought possible with your current home.
We invite you to see how Woodland Contracting’s design-build house addition can help you discover the wonders of a new home.
How Does Woodland Contracting Deliver the Best Home Additions?
Why are we the most-referred design-build home addition contractors in town? It’s simple — our approach delivers beautiful homes clients love. Tripp and the rest of our team’s organized process provides premium customer service and up-to-the-minute status updates on your project. You’ll be just as happy with the service as you are your home addition.
What sets Woodland Contracting apart from the rest?
- Premium Craftsmanship: We not only deliver high-quality work, but walk you through your design, material, and appliance options to empower you make the best decision for your home.
- Fixed Price Quotes: No mystery here. You’ll know exactly what you’ll pay at the beginning of your project.
- Detailed Progress Reports: You’ll have 24/7 access to the progress we’re making on your house addition through our online system.
- Outstanding Communication: We’re available to answer questions and listen to your concerns. We’re only a call away!
"Tripp was instrumental in turning our dated, closed-in house into a functional, beautiful, open home. It was almost a complete gut renovation, with much of the structure brought down to the studs, as well as adding a full dormer to the back of the second floor. Tripp was always professional and organized, and kept in close contact about progress, which were all extremely helpful as we navigated this huge, intimidating project for the first time. We love the result and continue to receive compliments. We have recommended Woodland Contracting to many other people."
Kris Day – Arlington, MA
The Woodland Contracting Home Addition Process
Take a peek inside our house addition process. You won’t find a more organized group of design-build addition contractors anywhere!
- Site Visit: We’ll come to your home to discuss what you’re hoping to accomplish. We’ll discuss your lifestyle, familiarize ourselves with your home, and determine if we’re a good fit.
- Collaboration: We’ll work to design your space and collaborate with architects, engineers, and subcontractors to get a sense of how we can best accomplish your project objectives. This stage of collaboration gives us an opportunity to craft a design that avoids roadblocks and leads to plans that can actually be built.
- Estimate: Once a design has been developed, we’ll offer a line-item estimate along with the design. From here, we’ll fine-tune the estimate, discuss whether you want to pay one lump sum or cost-plus pricing, and have you sign on the dotted line.
- Scheduling, Permits, and Approvals: We’ll start assembling your team and reviewing plans to determine what permits will be needed by local municipalities. We’ll also start work on a construction schedule so you can have an idea of when we’ll start working on your house addition.
- Construction: We manage all aspects of home addition project, making sure everything is on track. We’ll do everything we can to make sure your life is disrupted as little as possible throughout construction of your new space. We’ll always treat your space as if it was our own.
- Ongoing Communication: We stay in regular communication with our clients and are always available to answer questions and provide status updates. We also give all clients online access to their own project tracking data to stay up to date on where everything stands.
- Punch List: Prior to completion, our team will compile a punch list of details that need to be fixed to meet our standards and expectations. These will be resolved before the project is completed. Our goal is to always achieve a 0 punch list on all projects.
- Project Completion and Ongoing Support: We’ll provide you with product information and warranties once finished. We’ll be checking in regularly to make sure your project is exceeding your expectations. Beyond our workmanship warranty, we’ll work with you to resolve any issues you have.
See the Woodland Contracting Process in Action
About Our Team
Founded by Tripp Woodland in 2010, Woodland Contracting has built a reputation for not only building the best home additions around, but cultivating an experience clients rave about.
Tripp’s experience includes:
- Finish carpenter by trade
- 18+ years of residential and light commercial construction experience
- Construction Management Training from the Wentworth Institute of Technology
- MA Construction Supervisor License #CS-085608
- Registered MA Home Improvement Contractor #175316
- Lead Safe Renovation Contractor #LR001672
Exceptional workmanship is value #1 at Woodland Contracting. We deliver on our promises and do what we say we’ll do.
170 Riverside Dr
Norwell, MA 02061